I really enjoyed reading, Roger Ebert’s “How to Read a Movie” it gave me great insight and motivation for this week. I found the bit about a two-shot most interesting: “the person on the right will “seem” dominant over the person on the left.
I watched the following 5 videos, “To get an appreciation for some of the power of cinematic techniques,” Some were funny while others were just flat-out informative(:
- Top 20 Cinematic Techniques http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3EnnBDgMwwI am glad that I watched this one first. I really liked that they labeled each scene in the sense of telling me exactly what to look for.
- Camera Angles and Techniques http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jURepXxuiGEThis video was interesting. The man’s voice was a little boring but the information within it was great.
- The Magic of Movie Editing http://junghans-film.com/magic-movie-editing-1/Realizing that movies in a nutshell IS EDITING.. Wow I really liked this somewhat documentary styled video. Very informative and interesting.
- Hitchcock loves Bikinis- brilliant demonstration of using film cuts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFkI9FzzkII Strange… BUT TRUE! This one was very informative and gave great insight.
- MY FAVORITE: Star Wars Continuity Mistakes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owH54AiCheg This one was VERY entertaining and funny! absolutely fabulous(:
The Reading into Movies O.o by Maybe We Can Make the World a Whole lot Brighter, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.